Vincent, Alan, Dickson and Rich answer listener questions about XMRV, yellow fever vaccine, virus-like particles, West Nile virus, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and human endogenous retroviruses, multiplicity of infection, and how to make a poxvirus.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #129 (67 MB .mp3, 93 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- HTLV-2 sequences in patients with CFIDS
- Self-assembling virus (YouTube)
- Ilya’s photo (jpg)
- Discussion about CROI at ViroBlogy
- Land cover and West Nile virus disease (Am Journ Trop Med Hyg)
- Construction of recombinant poxviruses (Methods Mol Biol)
- Geographic Information System
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 129
Weekly Science Picks
Listener Picks of the Week
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.