Vincent, Alan, and Rich explore a novel bunyavirus isolated in China, the recent polio outbreak in Republic of the Congo, and cell to cell transmission of a retrovirus by biofilm-like extracellular assemblies.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #127 (62 MB .mp3, 86 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Novel bunyavirus isolated in China (NEJM)
- Bunyavirus page at ViralZone
- Polio outbreak, Republic of the Congo (MMWR)
- Poliovirus isolation from Republic of the Congo polio outbreak (Eurosurveillance)
- HTLV-1 transmission by biofilm-like extracellular assemblies (Nature Medicine)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 127
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments to email@example.com.