Vincent, Dickson, Alan, and Rich review an adenovirus-based vaccine strategy against drug addiction, a field trial of RNAi to prevent Israeli acute paralysis virus infection in honeybees, and suppression of avian influenza transmission in transgenic chickens.
Click the arrow above to play, or right click to download TWiV #116 (64 MB .mp3, 89 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Cocaine analog coupled to disrupted adenovirus
- Field application of RNAi in honeybees
- Suppression of avian influenza transmission in GM chickens (EurekAlert)
- Phage tailspike protein therapy
- Use of phage lysins to treat bacterial infections (one and two)
- Cell to cell spread of viruses (review and inhibition by tetherin)
- Flock house virus replication organelle (thanks Brett!)
- TWiV on Facebook
- Letters read on TWiV 116
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.