The entire TWiV family reviews the latest ideas about colony collapse disorder of honeybees, and resurgence of monkeypox in Africa.
Click the arrow above to play, or right-click to download TWiV #104 (70 MB .mp3, 97 minutes)
Links for this episode:
- The Harvey Lectures
- Iridovirus and microsporidian linked to colony collapse disorder
- CCD discussed previously on TWiV 64, 49, and 46
- Why are they called iridoviruses?
- Iridoviruses at ViralZone
- Scientists and soldiers solve a bee mystery (NY Times, pdf)
- Edgewood research center involvement in CCD
- Resurgence of monkeypox in Africa (PNAS)
- Orthopoxvirus in Ghana
- Outbreak of monkeypox in US (MMWR)
- Goodbye smallpox vaccination, hello monkeypox
- Letters read on TWiV 104
Weekly Science Picks
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.