The TWiVsters explain how superspreader bacteriophages release intact DNA from infected cells, and the role of astrocytes in protecting the cerebellum from virus infection.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Nido2017 Meeting 5:05
- Superspreader bacteriophages (mBio) 13:00
- Astrocytes, interferon, and viral infection (JCI) 33:30
- Viral disruption of blood brain barrier (Trends Micro)
- On Warts by Lewis Thomas (pdf) 1:24:00
- Letters read on TWiV 428 7:40, 1:17:55
This episode is brought to you by Blue Apron. Blue Apron is the #1 fresh ingredient and recipe delivery service in the country. See what’s on the menu this week and get your first 3 meals free with your first purchase – WITH FREE SHIPPING – by going to blueapron.com/twiv 0:25, 30:55
Timestamps by Jennifer. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:29:45
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org