The TWiV scientists reveal that mosquitoes transmit different West Nile virus populations with each blood meal, only to have the diversity purged in a bird host.
Become a patron of TWiV!
Links for this episode
- Driving past a milestone (TWiP 100)
- Debug Fresno (Verily blog)
- What could possibly go wrong? (TWiV 388)
- Chestnut blight (ProMedMail)
- Hypovirus molecular biology (Adv Virus Res)
- Mosquitoes transmit unique WNV populations (Cell Rep)
- Teaching science using pseudoscience
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiV 451
Weekly Science Picks
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees.
Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org