Vincent and Dickson trace the life cycle of Trichinella spiralis in an infected host.
Download TWiP #4 (59 MB .mp3, 82 minutes)
Become a patron of TWiP.
Links for this episode:
- Trichinella life cycle (jpg)
- Newborn larva entering muscle cell (jpg)
- Adult T. spiralis in columnar epithelial cell (jpg)
- Adult female T. spiralis (jpg)
- Infective first stage T. spiralis larva in Nurse cell in muscle tissue (jpg)
- Adult female T. spiralis with fully formed larvae in uterus (jpg)
- Adult male T. spiralis with claspers on tail (jpg)
- Clinical correlations in trichinosis (jpg)
- Letters read on TWiP #4
Weekly Science Picks
Send your questions and comments to email@example.com
Music by Ronald Jenkees