Vincent and Dickson discuss evidence that the malaria parasite originated in gorillas.
Download TWiP #63 (70 MB .mp3, 97 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Great apes and zoonoses (Science)
- Source of human malaria (PNAS)
- Origin of human malaria parasite in gorillas (Nature)
- Ape Plasmodium in Cameroon not infecting humans (PNAS)
- No Plasmodium in greater spot-nosed monkey (Int J Parasit)
- TWiP 13: Toxoplasmosis
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiP 62
Send your questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to email@example.com