Vincent and Dickson answer listener emails about Leishmania, dual infection of vectors, tapeworms, liver flukes, toxoplasmosis, and much more.
Download TWiP #42 (90 MB .mp3, 75 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Metabolic pathways required by Leishmania (Ann Rev Micro)
- Tapeworms in people’s brains (Carl Zimmer)
- Poison Ivy
- Bovine tuberculosis disguised by liver fluke (Nature)
- Giant kidney worm (YouTube)
- Crowd-sourced games for telepathology
- Ivermectin for alcohol abuse
- Ivermectin and alcohol abuse in mice (Neuropharm)
- Etymology of Loa
- Worm removed from man’s eye (BBC)
- Ticks keep on ticking (PLoS One article)
- Letters read on TWiP 42
Send your questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org