Vincent and Dickson review the biology and pathogenesis of the amoebae Naegleria fowlerii and Acanthamoeba castellani.
Download TWiP #39 (61 MB .mp3, 85 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- N. fowlerii life cycle (CDC)
- N. fowlerii at Artful Amoeba
- Naegleria and amoebic meningoencephalitis (MDPH)
- First case of Naegleria PAM in Italy (Emerg Inf Dis)
- N. fowlerii in well water (Emerg Inf Dis)
- Recent N. fowlerii case in Minnesota (Clin Inf Dis)
- Beat the holiday bug (Sydney Morning Herald)
- Is your neti pot safe? (Dallas News)
- Acanthamoeba keratitis fact sheet (CDC)
- Letters read on TWiP 39
Send your questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org