Vincent and Dickson discuss the life cycle and pathogenesis of Dracunculus medinensis, the filarial nematode that causes dracunculiasis, or Guinea worm disease.
Download TWiP #37 (74 MB .mp3, 102 minutes).
Please help us by taking our listener survey.
Links for this episode:
- Dracunculus emerging from foot (jpg)
- Dracunculus medinensis life cycle (jpg)
- Guinea worm – WHO
- Guinea worm eradication – The Carter Center
- War against Guinea worm (YouTube)
- Caduceus vs staff of Asclepius
- Vincent and Dickson – the dogs (jpg)
- Letters read on TWiP 37
Send your questions and comments to email@example.com