Julie joins the TWiM team to reveal how microbiome and gut anatomy of a wood-feeding beetle promotes lignocellulose deconstruction, and bacteria that degrade PET plastic.
Guest: Julie Wolf
Right click to download TWiM#202 (30 MB .mp3, 60 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode
- How wood-feeding beetles deconstruct lignocellulose (PNAS)
- Bacteria that degrade PET plastic (Micr Res Ann)
- Microbiology resource of the month (ASM)
- Morgan Vague’s TED talk
- Pacific garbage patch (Pacific Beach Coal)
- NOAA marine debris program
- National Geographic’s Planet or Plastic Campaign
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiM 202
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org