The TWiM team explore how Lactobacillus reuteri can rescue social deficits in three mouse models of autism spectrum disorder, and the role of Salmonella persisters in undermining host defenses during antibiotic treatment.
Right click to download TWiM#193 (29 MB .mp3, 61 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode
- Please take the TWiM listener survey
- Bacteria alter behavior in mouse autism models (Neuron)
- Mice behaving badly (TWiM 131)
- Salmonella persisters undermine host immune defenses (Science)
- Persister cells (Ann Rev Microbiol)
- Letters read on TWiM 193
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org