The TWiM team discuss bacteriophage evolution in a dairy plant, and killing of less fit cells among social microbes.
Right click to download TWiM#177 (26 MB .mp3, 55 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode
- A decade of phage evolution (Appl Env Micr)
- Animation of phage infection (Vimeo)
- Double agar assay for phage (Dairy Science)
- Sibling conflict among social bacteria (mBio)
- Image credit
- Transcript of this episode (html or pdf)
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com