Vincent, Michael and Elio note the passing of Stanley Falkow, give E. coli an archaeal membrane, and show how the microbiome can make worms live longer.
Right click to download TWiM#176 (29 MB .mp3, 60 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode
- Fecal transplants in the good old days (STC)
- Stanley Falkow, 84
- Loss of an old army buddy (STC)
- Giving E. coli an archaeal membrane (PNAS)
- Microbiome tunes host longevity (Cell)
- Image credit
- Transcript of this episode (html or pdf)
- Letters read on TWiM 176
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org