The TWiM team notes the passing of Allan Campbell, and explains how aminoglycoside antibiotics like neomycin enhance host resistance to viral infection.
Right click to download TWiM#175 (30 MB .mp3, 63 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode
- Happy Birthday, Elio! (STC)
- Allan Campbell, 88 (Stanford News)
- Life in Science by Allan Campbell (Bacteriophage)
- Aminoglycosides inhibit viral infection (Nat Micro)
- Image credit
- Transcript of this episode (html or pdf)
- Letters read on TWiM 175
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com