The TWiMmers discuss culture-independent discovery of malacidin antibiotics, and unfolding of relaxase during bacterial conjugation.
Right click to download TWiM#172 (35 MB .mp3, 74 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode
- Malacidins from soils (Nat Micro)
- Excellent antibiotic resistance threat report (CDC, pdf)
- Jo Handelsman on Women’s History Month (CBS)
- Unfolding relaxase during bacterial conjugation (J Bact)
- Image credit
- Transcript of this episode: html or pdf
- Letters read on TWiM 172
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org