The cast of TWiM reveals how uropathogenic E. coli use a binding protein to treat copper as a nutrient or a toxin, and Antarctic soil bacteria that survive on trace atmospheric gases.
Right click to download TWiM#169 (37 MB .mp3, 77 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode
- Copper import in E. coli (Nat Chem Biol)
- Conversion of OD to cells/ml for E. coli
- Microbes live on atmospheric trace gases in Antarctic soil (Nature)
- Antarctic terrestrial ecosystem (SciHub)
- Hypolith (Wikipedia)
- Breatharians (Broadly)
- Image credit
- Transcript of this episode (html or pdf)
- Letters read on TWiM 169
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com