From Indiana University, Vincent speaks with Ankur, Julia, and Xindan about their careers and their work on horizontal gene transfer, quorum sensing, and chromosome organization in bacteria.
Host: Vincent Racaniello
Right click to download TWiM#164 (29 MB .mp3, 59 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode
- Dalia laboratory
- Van Kessel laboratory
- Wang laboratory
- Indiana U Dept of Biology
- Vibrio DNA uptake and chitin (Environ Micro)
- Activation of quorum-sensing genes (Mol Micro)
- Structural maintenance of chromosome complexes (Science)
- Transcript of this episode (html or pdf)
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com