The TWiMsters discuss potential new sources of antimicrobial compounds from unusual places: the skin of bats and the intestines of moths.
Right click to download TWiM#151 (58 MB .mp3, 61 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode
- JMBE science communication issue
- Bat sources of novel antifungals (AEM)
- White nose syndrome in US (jpg)
- White nose syndrome fact sheet (pdf)
- Symbiont-derived antimicrobials (Cell Chem Cell)
- Bacteriocins (Wikipedia)
- Photo by Mark
- Letters read on TWiM 151
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com