Guest: Robin Patel
In recognition of National Medical Laboratory Professionals Week, Robin Patel speaks with the TWiM team about directing a clinical bacteriology laboratory, and how an observation made by a laboratory technologist lead to the finding that Ureaplasma species can cause a system metabolic disturbance, hyperammonemia.
Right click to download TWiM#150 (30 MB .mp3, 61 minutes)
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode
- National Laboratory Professionals Week
- Mayo Clinic Clinical Microbiology Laboratory
- Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Mayo Clinic
- Murine model of Ureaplasma hyperammonemia (Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis)
- Ureaplasma and human hyperammonemia (Sci Transl Med)
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com