Vincent, Michele, and Michael reveal the discovery of a new species of the spirochaete that causes Lyme disease, and fecal microRNAs that shape the gut microbiome.
Right click to download TWiM#122 (46 MB .mp3, 64 minutes).
Links for this episode
- Identification of a novel Borrelia species causing Lyme disease (Lancet Inf Dis)
- Parasite wonders with Bobbi Pritt (TWiP 75)
- Reported cases of Lyme disease (CDC)
- Signs and symptoms of Lyme disease (CDC)
- Multilocus sequence typing
- Borrelia MLST database
- American Academy of Microbiology FAQ Human microbiome
- Host fecal microRNA shapes gut microbiota (Cell)
- C.U.R.E. the game
- Live Tiny, Die Never – Tardigrade T-shirt
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiM 122
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.