On episode #28 of the podcast, Vincent, Michael, and Elio review how competition within a host drives virulence of Streptococcus pneumoniae, and the expanding universe of the bacterial cytoskeleton.
Download TWiM #28 (53.5 MB, .mp3, 77 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Within-host selection drives virulence (Curr Biol)
- The growing bacterial cytoskeleton (FEMS Micro Rev)
- Microbes in Lake Vostok? (STC)
- Society for General Microbiology Peter Wildy Prize
- H5N1 manuscript redaction controversy (mBio)
- Letters read on TWiM #28
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com