On episode #25 of the podcast, Vincent, Elio, and Michael review bacteria that use the earth’s magnetic field for navigation, and identification of totally drug resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
Download TWiM #25 (53 MB, .mp3, 77 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Magnetotactic bacteria (FEMS Micro Rev)
- How bacteria break a magnet (Nature)
- Magnetosome chains split by asymmetric septation (Mol Micro)
- Totally drug resistant TB in India (Clin Inf Dis)
- Totally drug resistant TB in Iran (Chest)
- Fitness cost of drug resistance in TB (PNAS)
- India reports totally drug resistant TB (Wired)
- Letters read on TWiM #25
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org