On episode #13 of the podcast This Week in Microbiology, Stanley, Jo, Michael and Elio discuss how colonic microbial ecology and risk for colitis are regulated by an inflammasome, and amelioration of intestinal inflammation in mice by delivery of a probiotic-derived soluble protein to the colon.
Download TWiM #13 (42 MB, .mp3, 58 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Soluble protein ameliorates intestinal inflammation (JCI)
- Inflammasome regulation of colonic microbial ecology and colitis risk (Cell)
- Lactobacillus rhamnosis GG
- p40 and p75 proteins from Lactobacillus casei (J Mol Micro Biotech)
- Regulatory Oversight and Safety of Probiotic Use (pdf)
- Letters read on TWiM #13
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org