The TWiM team reveal how bacteria in a shipworm’s gills help digest wood in the gut, and an approach that identifies a new antibiotic from the soil.
Right click to download TWiM#97 (54 MB .mp3, 74 minutes).
Links for this episode
- Gill bacteria enable a novel digestive strategy (PNAS)
- Killing bacteria without resistance (Nature)
- An irresistable newcomer (Nature)
- Peptidoglycan synthesis animation
- 10 x 20 initiative (IDSA)
- Longitude Prize
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiM 97
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com