Vincent, Michael, Elio and Michele discuss how an endosymbiont betrays its aphid host to alert plant defenses, and a new immunosuppressive cell that allows infection of neonates.
Right click to download TWiM#82 (51 MB .mp3, 71 minutes).
Links for this episode
- Endosymbiont protein betrays aphid (PNAS)
- Plant immune system (Nature)
- Plant defenses against pathogens (Am Phyt Soc)
- New neonatal defense against infection (Nature)
- Marty Blaser and Bill Maher (YouTube)
- Two days from any village (YouTube)
- Letters read on TWiM 82
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org