Vincent, Elio, Michael, and Michelle review how a pathogen promotes plant attractiveness to insect vectors, and activation of sensory neurons that modulate pain and inflammation by bacterial infection.
Right click to download TWiM#77 (49 MB .mp3, 68 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Phytoplasma effector hijacks plant reproduction (PLoS Biol)
- Phyllogen induces phyllody (Plant J)
- Hacking aphid behavior (TWiV #70)
- Demeanors, moods, and microbes (Microbe)
- Bacteria activate sensory neurons to immunomodulate (Nature)
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiM 77
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com