Vincent, Elio, Michael, and Michelle discuss a symbiosis between a bacterium and fungus that increases the virulence of oral biofilms, and the assembly of amyloid fibers, which are needed for biofilm formation.
Right click to download TWiM#75 (59 MB .mp3, 81 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- My podcast Vinny (TWiV #277)
- Accessory protein for B. subtilis amyloid formation (J Bact)
- Microbial amyloids (Trends Micro)
- Functional bacterial amyloid (Cell Mol Life Sci)
- Symbiosis in early-childhood dental caries (Inf Immun)
- Human Dental Plaque showing iodophilic polysaccharide synthesis (photo)
- Letters read on TWiM 75
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org