Vincent, Michael, and Michele explain how the gut microbiome modulates colon tumorigenesis, and regulation of intestinal macrophage function by the microbial metabolite butyrate.
Right click to download TWiM#71 (57 MB .mp3, 78 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Gut microbiome modulates colon tumorigenesis (mBio)
- Gut microbiome determines tumor risk (mBiosphere)
- Butyrate modulates intestinal macrophage function (PNAS)
- Butyrate is an HDAC inhibitor (Mol Carcin)
- Butyrate induces differentiation of colonic Tregs (Nature)
- Butyrate promotes peripheral Treg generation (Nature)
- Disentangling the bank (Facebook)
- WXJM 88.7 FM Harrisonburg
- Candidiasis in gnotobiotic SCID mice (J Vet Med Mycol)
- The Role of the Gut Microbiome in Colon Cancer (video)
- Letters read on TWiM 071
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org