Vincent and Stanley meet with Waclaw Szybalski and John Kirby at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory on the occasion of its designation as a Milestones in Microbiology site. They reminisce about how the well known laboratory has advanced the science and teaching of microbiology, and discuss John’s work on the soil dwelling, predatory myxobacteria.
Download TWiM #40 (45 MB .mp3, 62 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Behind the scenes at TWiM 40
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- Milestones in Microbiology
- Bacteria, Archaea, and Phages meeting at Cold Spring Harbor
- A bacterial wolfpack (FEMS Micrbiol Rev)
Send your microbiology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org