On episode #21 of the podcast This Week in Microbiology, Vincent and Elio discuss an ancient symbiosis between Alphaproteobacteria and catenulid flatworms, and a toxin from Helicobacter pylori that engages the mitochondrial fission machinery to induce host cell death.
Download TWiM #21 (50 MB, .mp3, 68 minutes).
Links for this episode:
- Paracatenula, an ancient symbiosis (PNAS)
- Review on symbiotic diversity in marine animals (Nat Rev Micro)
- Helicobacter pylori vacuolating cytotoxin A (PNAS)
- Review of H. pylori VacA (Nat Rev Micro)
- Viral desserts (Virus Talk)
- Letters read on TWiM #21
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com