Host: Vincent Racaniello
Vincent visits the laboratories of Kit and Joseph Pogliano on the campus of the University of California, San Diego, where he learns about their work on the bacterial cytoskeleton, sporulation, and the effects of antibiotics on bacterial cells.
Right click to download TWiM #115 (40 MB .mp3, 56 minutes).
Links for this episode
- Kit Pogliano laboratory
- Joseph Pogliano laboratory
- We discussed the Poglianos’ work on TWiM #28 and TWiM #70
- Cytological profiling (PNAS)
- SpoQ landmark protein (Mol Micro)
- B. subtilis strain to treat helminth diseases (Appl Environ Micro)
- Phage tubulin centers DNA (eLife)
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com