The TWiM team focuses on the gut microbiome, from a single member, Akkermansia muciniphila, to the effect of antibiotics on its composition and colonization resistance against C. difficile.
Right click to download TWiM#110 (52 MB .mp3, 72 minutes).
Links for this episode
- Agar art contest
- Akkermansia muciniphilia and obesity (Gut)
- A. muciniphilia genome (Biol Direct)
- Alterations of gut microbiota and C. difficile colonization (mBio)
- Science Delivered
- Girls Who Code
- Association for Women in Science
- UMich Host-Microbiome Initiative
- UMich anaerobic chamber room (png)
- Letters read on TWiM 110
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org