The TWiM team reviews the microbiological safety of herbs in the United Kingdom, and how a peptide from the milkweed bug binds the ribosome and inhibits bacterial protein synthesis.
Right click to download TWiM#105 (42 MB .mp3, 58 minutes).
Links for this episode
- Microbes in whole-leaf herbs (J Appl Micro)
- Antimicrobial peptide blocks ribosome (Nat Struct Mol Biol)
- Bacterial protein synthesis (Micro Mol Biol Rev)
- Antimicrobial peptides (Nature)
- The battle for tryptophan (Front Cell Infect Micro)
- Image credit
- Letters read on TWiM 105
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to firstname.lastname@example.org