Happy Halloween! Four scientists get together on Halloween to talk about a spooky topic: the science views of the presidential candidates! The science communication show Public Health United welcomes Dr. Bill Moss (see our previous podcast together), Dr. Katherine Fenstermacher (Hopkins), and Kenny Shatzkes (Rutgers, Eagleton Fellow) to talk about their frustration while watching the debates, the lessons they’ve learned in communicating science and policy, and how scientists and policymakers need to collaborate and reach compromises to form better science policies. I cannot even count the number of laughs we all have together. Truly a fun and informative episode on science policy during this election season! FYI, the title of this special edition podcast is based on Harry Frankfurt’s NYT best selling book, “On Bullshit” which details the difference between liars and bullshitters…listen to hear what the difference is and how destructive the latter can be!
Links for this episode
- Harry Frankfurt’s book “On Bullshit”
- “Donald Trump is Not A Liar” by Jeet Heer
- “Donald Trump is BS, Says an Expert in BS” by Harry Frankfurt in Time Magazine
- Top Science Institutions Demand Candidates Answer 20 Science Questions
- Eagleton Institute of Politics at Rutgers University, Politics & Government Fellowship
- Eagleton Institute of Politics, Science & Politics Workshops