The Immune trio explains how activation of the inflammasome by a bacterial protein causes blood clotting through a programmed cell death process called pyroptosis.
Become a patron of Immune!
Links for this episode
- Inflammasome activation triggers blood clotting (Immunity) 4:06
- Rotavirus and Nlrp9b inflammasome (Nature) 53:55
- Societal Amnesia and vaccines by Cindy Leifer 1:20:22
- Image credit
- Letters read on Immune 20 58:01
- Time stamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Weekly Science Picks 1:13:56
Steve – An Elegant Defense
Send your immunology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org