This episode: Beneficial microbes defend roundworms against a pathogen and pressure it to evolve to cause less disease!
Download Episode (7.7 MB, 8.4 minutes)
Ford SA, Kao D, Williams D, King KC. 2016. Microbe-mediated host defence drives the evolution of reduced pathogen virulence. Nat Commun 7:13430.
Other interesting stories:
- Fungus eats dead insects and keeps bacterial competitors away(paper)
- Soil microbes are better for green roof soils than chemical fertilizers
- Soil microbes make tuberculosis-treating chemicals
- Parkinson’s and treatments can have detectable effects on microbiome
- Aspergillus fungi have a lot of potential uses
Post questions or comments here or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening!