This episode: Microscopic parasites of fish and worms actually came from jellyfish-like animals, after losing most of their genome!
Download Episode (7.7 MB, 8.3 minutes)
Chang ES, Neuhof M, Rubinstein ND, Diamant A, Philippe H, Huchon D, Cartwright P. 2015. Genomic insights into the evolutionary origin of Myxozoa within Cnidaria. Proc Natl Acad Sci 112:14912–14917.
Other interesting stories:
- Deodorant use affects armpit microbes
- Mammals like dolphins have ocean-influenced microbe communities(paper)
- Relatively few bacteria may have immune systems (paper)
- Diatoms are attracted to silica minerals
- Interesting interactions with bear microbes and hibernation
Post questions or comments here or email to email@example.com. Thanks for listening!