This episode: Paraprobiotics, or killed probiotic bacteria, are studied for health effects, but results and study design are questionable!
Download Episode (12 MB, 13 minutes)
Microbe of the episode: Phlox virus S
Nishida K, Sawada D, Kawai T, Kuwano Y, Fujiwara S, Rokutan K. 2017. Para-psychobiotic Lactobacillus gasseri CP2305 ameliorates stress-related symptoms and sleep quality. J Appl Microbiol 123:1561–1570.
Other interesting stories:
- Parasites infecting ants hide their presence
- Inoculating soybean crops with extra bacteria can help them fix more nitrogen
- Microbes help mice recover from bone marrow transplant (paper)
- Lots of drugs other than antibiotics can harm gut communities(paper)
- Using biofilm as camera film, for imaging
Post questions or comments here or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening!
Subscribe at iTunes or Google Play, support the show at Patreon, or check out the show at Twitter, or Facebook