This episode: Figuring out the best way to study the spread of a fungus that kills an invasive tree-eating caterpillar pest!
Download Episode (8 MB, 9 minutes)
Microbe of the episode: Pasteurella aerogenes
Bittner TD, Hajek AE, Liebhold AM, Thistle H. 2017. Modification of a Pollen Trap Design To Capture Airborne Conidia of Entomophaga maimaiga and Detection of Conidia by Quantitative PCR. Appl Environ Microbiol 83:e00724-17.
Other interesting stories:
- Studying the whale microbiome
- Gut bacteria help herbivorous ants get enough nitrogen
- Environment factors can affect our microbes apart from genetic factors
- Fiber could encourage gut microbes to help with type 2 diabetes
- Gut microbes can affect parasitic worm infections
Post questions or comments here or email to email@example.com. Thanks for listening!
Subscribe at iTunes or Google Play, support the show at Patreon, or check out the show at Twitter, or Facebook