This episode: I talk with Dr. Walter Sandoval-Espinola, a researcher from Paraguay, now a postdoc at Harvard, about his discovery that biofuel-producing bacteria Clostridium beijerinckii can also transform CO2 and carbon monoxide into biofuels!
Download Episode (37 MB, 40.45 minutes)
News item en español
Sandoval-Espinola WJ, Chinn MS, Thon MR, Bruno-Bárcena JM. 2017. Evidence of mixotrophic carbon-capture by n-butanol-producer Clostridium beijerinckii. Sci Rep 7:12759.
Other interesting stories:
- Even microbes can help mix up lake water
- Using drones to sample whale microbiome
- Prebiotics could affect gut even without microbe involvement(paper)
- Bacteria do better in changing environments when they cooperate
- Newly discovered bacterial defense against phages (paper)
Post questions or comments here or email to email@example.com. Thanks for listening!
Subscribe at iTunes or Google Play, support the show at Patreon, or check out the show at Twitter, or Facebook