This episode: Bacteria with various gene knockouts help roundworms live longer and with less disease!
Download Episode (9.9 MB, 10.75 minutes)
Han B, Sivaramakrishnan P, Lin C-CJ, Neve IAA, He J, Tay LWR, Sowa JN, Sizovs A, Du G, Wang J, Herman C, Wang MC. 2017. Microbial Genetic Composition Tunes Host Longevity. Cell 169:1249–1262.e13.
Other interesting stories:
- Useful reviews and guide to commercial probiotic selection at Reviews.com
- Success of high-fiber diet depends on gut microbes
- Engineering microbes to produce fluorine-containing polymers (like Teflon)
- Using mosquito gut bacteria to prevent malaria spread
- Bacteria and archaea in harsh places share genes often (paper)
Post questions or comments here or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening!
Subscribe at iTunes or Google Play, support the show at Patreon, or check out the show at Twitter, or Facebook