This episode: Bacteria that prey on other bacteria could help keep corals healthy! Thanks to Rory Welsh for his contribution.
Download Episode (12.8 MB, 14 minutes)
Microbe of the episode: Latino mammarenavirus
Welsh RM, Rosales SM, Zaneveld JR, Payet JP, McMinds R, Hubbs SL, Thurber RLV. 2017. Alien vs. predator: bacterial challenge alters coral microbiomes unless controlled by Halobacteriovorax predators. PeerJ 5:e3315.
Other interesting stories:
- Using trees and their microbes to clean up pollution
- Using bacteria to preserve/repair stone monuments and statues(paper)
- Stable gut microbes could help defend against amoeba infection
- Phage therapy treats very resistant infection in person
- Probiotic + probiotic food could help prevent infant sepsis (paper)
Post questions or comments here or email to email@example.com. Thanks for listening!
Subscribe at iTunes or Google Play, support the show at Patreon, or check out the show at Twitter, or Facebook