This episode: Viruses infecting cyanobacteria can produce proteins that actually help their host capture light better!
Download Episode (6.6 MB, 7.25 minutes)
Gasper R, Schwach J, Hartmann J, Holtkamp A, Wiethaus J, Riedel N, Hofmann E, Frankenberg-Dinkel N. 2017. Distinct Features of Cyanophage-encoded T-type Phycobiliprotein Lyase ΦCpeT: The Role of Auxiliary Metabolic Genes. J Biol Chem 292:3089–3098.
Other interesting stories:
- Many new antibiotics could be discovered in fungi
- Finding bacteria to degrade triclosan in the environment
- Microbes could affect gut chemotherapy treatment
- Carbon nanotubes help bacteria produce more methane (paper)
- Fecal transplant could be helpful for treating ulcerative colitis also
Post questions or comments here or email to email@example.com. Thanks for listening!