This episode: Roundworms in soil can carry with them bacteria they eat to grow new food, like farmers!
Download Episode (11.1 MB, 12.15 minutes)
Microbe of the episode: Equid alphaherpesvirus 1
Thutupalli S, Uppaluri S, Constable GWA, Levin SA, Stone HA, Tarnita CE, Brangwynne CP. 2017. Farming and public goods production in Caenorhabditis elegans populations. Proc Natl Acad Sci 114:2289–2294.
Other interesting stories:
- Using modified CRISPR for quick detection of infections
- Modifying cyanobacterium cell length to make extracting biofuels easier (paper)
- Fusing phage proteins with antibodies to better target pathogens
- Some amoebas can penetrate biofilms to feed on dangerous bacteria (paper)
- Phages have some advantages over antibiotics
Post questions or comments here or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening!