This episode: Even organisms as simple as viruses can communicate with each other!
Download Episode (12.7 MB, 13.9 minutes)
Microbe of the episode: Sweet potato virus C
Erez Z, Steinberger-Levy I, Shamir M, Doron S, Stokar-Avihail A, Peleg Y, Melamed S, Leavitt A, Savidor A, Albeck S, Amitai G, Sorek R. 2017. Communication between viruses guides lysis–lysogeny decisions. Nature 541:488–493.
Other interesting stories:
- Engineering gut bacteria to detect and report gut inflammation
- Plants give fat to their root fungi in exchange for other nutrients
- Gut microbe metabolite linked with lower risk of diabetes
- Making bioelectrodes by embedding bacteria in glass (paper)
- Using CRISPR to discover new drug-producing bacterial genes
Post questions or comments here or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening!