This episode: Probiotic bacteria prevent deadly infections in mice with serious burns!
Download Episode (6.3 MB, 6.9 minutes)
Argenta A, Satish L, Gallo P, Liu F, Kathju S. 2016. Local Application of Probiotic Bacteria Prophylaxes against Sepsis and Death Resulting from Burn Wound Infection. PLOS ONE 11:e0165294.
Mousa WK, Shearer C, Limay-Rios V, Ettinger CL, Eisen JA, Raizada MN. 2016. Root-hair endophyte stacking in finger millet creates a physicochemical barrier to trap the fungal pathogen Fusarium graminearum. Nat Microbiol 1:16167.
Other interesting stories:
- Bacteria can help cotton plants tolerate salt (paper)
- Fiber stops microbes from eating protective gut mucus
- Potential new antibiotics predicted and discovered in human microbes
- Bacteria communicate to work together against viruses
- Root bacteria help protect plants against arsenic and infections
Post questions or comments here or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening!