This episode: Great apes’ specific gut microbe communities have been with us for millions of years!
Download Episode (9.1 MB, 10 minutes)
Moeller AH, Caro-Quintero A, Mjungu D, Georgiev AV, Lonsdorf EV, Muller MN, Pusey AE, Peeters M, Hahn BH, Ochman H. 2016. Cospeciation of gut microbiota with hominids. Science 353:380–382.
Other interesting stories:
- Gut bacteria could help treat kidney disease (paper)
- Virus that infects viruses acts as genomic antiviral defense for host
- Microbial archaeology studies bacteria resistant to copper in medieval foundry (paper)
- Bacteria embedded in porous stones make good water filters(paper)
- Computers can use microbes to estimate time of death
Post questions or comments here or email to email@example.com. Thanks for listening!