This episode: Some bacterial species use multiple strategies within a single population to deal with environmental challenges!
Download Episode (8.9 MB, 9.7 minutes)
Lawarée E, Gillet S, Louis G, Tilquin F, Blastier SL, Cambier P, Matroule J-Y. 2016. Caulobacter crescentus intrinsic dimorphism provides a prompt bimodal response to copper stress. Nat Microbiol 1:16098.
Other interesting stories:
- Bacteria help starved, developing rats get more nutrition from the same food (paper)
- Creating gut microbe communities to resist pathogens (paper)
- Predatory bacteria can treat infections in zebrafish larvae
- Nitrogen is an important element for feeding the gut community
- Bacterial enzymes artificially evolved to make carbon-silicon compounds
Post questions or comments here or email to email@example.com. Thanks for listening!