This episode: Modifying mice’s microbial communities increased mouse survival before a transplantation was rejected by their immune system!
Download Episode (9.6 MB, 10.5 minutes)
Lei YM, Chen L, Wang Y, Stefka AT, Molinero LL, Theriault B, Aquino-Michaels K, Sivan AS, Nagler CR, Gajewski TF, Chong AS, Bartman C, Alegre M-L. 2016. The composition of the microbiota modulates allograft rejection. J Clin Invest 126:2736–2744.
Other interesting stories:
- CRISPR system can be used to record info in cells (paper)
- The history of beer yeasts
- Bacteria could help treat citrus tree disease (paper)
- Some viruses bud off from Archaea like in eukaryotes (paper)
- Infant microbe communities different with vs. without eczema(paper)
Post questions or comments here or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for listening!